If you’re already a Shopkick user (Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad), go through your browser and type in www.shopkick.com/target8. (If you’re not already a Shopkick user, sign up here and then go back and try it again!)
Here’s how Shopkick works:
Shopkick is a location-based app that rewards you for walking into select stores, scanning products, inviting friends, and completing short activities. And it’s just as easy as it sounds! I redeemed my “kicks” (points) for $22 worth of Target gift cards!
- Collect points when you walk into stores like Best Buy, American Eagle, Old Navy, Toys R Us, and Macy’s. The amount of “kicks” you will get, may not be the same as someone else’s. For instance, my husband and I have both walked into Best Buy at the same time with our Shopkick app open. He got 35 kicks, and I got 100. You have to have the app open when you walk into the store. Wait for the Shopkick sensor to find you. You’ll see a blue ball bounce onto the screen with your points on it.
- Get points for purchasing at select stores. I registered my debit card (got 200 kicks for doing that!). Now, when I use that debit card to pay for purchases in select stores, I’ll automatically earn more points!
- Collect points when you scan items in stores. To me, this is like a fun scavenger hunt! Sometimes there will be bonus scans. For instance, there were 3 Walmart scans last night. They were 25 points each, but when I completed all 3 in one visit, I received 200 bonus points!
- Flip through the store “lookbooks” in the app to unlock more walk-in points. Look for lookbooks with a blue star in the corner. You’ll find surprise kicks inside!
- Enjoy special offers! For instance, there’s currently an offer for a FREE pair of fashion earbuds just for walking into a Sony Store! (Just tap that screen in the app to find the location nearest you.)
- Yes, this app is ideal when you live in a metropolitan area. But even though I live in a rural area, there are still stores that participate here, including CVS, Walmart, and Walgreens. I’ve done scans at all three. In fact, even though I used $22 of Target gift cards to do some Christmas shopping, I’m already at over 3500 points again. Not bad for a couple of days’ work!
- There’s a little pink heart at the bottom right corner when you have the lookbooks open. If there’s an item or an offer you like, drag it to the heart to save for later. When you walk into that store, the app will remind you about what you have saved there. (My husband’s personal favorite is the BOGO Starbucks offer from SuperTarget!)
- To maximize your earnings, do the lookbooks every day. You’ll find new ones at different times during the day, too.
- You can start cashing out for gift cards (Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, etc.) for as little as 500 kicks! Love it!
So that’s Shopkick in a nutshell. Don’t forget to sign up first, then score the FREE $2 Target gift card!
Note: The links in this post are my referral links. Read my Disclosure Policy.